ATHLETES’ CODE OF CONDUCT
ATHLETES’ CODE OF CONDUCT
All athletes who participate as a part of the Red Raiders Sports Academy Track Club, represent not only themselves but the organization and their families. We expect all Athletes to demonstrate high moral standards, good character, sportsmanship, and leadership on and off the track and field. We expect all Athletes to be gracious not only in victory but in defeat as well.
The following code of conduct must be read and signed by all athletes and their parent(s) or guardian.
- Absolutely NO drugs, alcoholic beverages or cigarettes are to be consumed or in the possession of any member at any time.
Violation of this rule will be grounds for immediate expulsion from the club and termination of further participation in competition for the season.
- There will be no public use of profanity, vulgar language, or behavior – No excessive bickering and arguing will be tolerated – Absolutely NO fighting will be allowed
- All Athletes will respect the property of others:
– No destruction of property, premises or facilities during practices or competitions – No stealing or damaging of another person’s personal belongings
- All Athletes must inform a coach, official, or parent volunteer before leaving the premises during all practices and competitions
- All Athletes will compete in designated Red Raider Track Clubs’ uniform or colors ONLY
(red, gray, black)
– No briefs or panties will be allowed
– No white biker shorts or unitards will be worn uncovered
– No eyewear unless prescription glasses will be worn during competition
** Violation of any of these codes will be grounds for immediate disciplinary action. ** As a member of the Red Raider Track Club.:
I will strive to do my best at all practices and competitions.
I will show good sportsmanship and respect for myself and all other athletes. I will respect all coaches, administrators, officials, and volunteers at all times.
I have read the above code of conduct and hereby pledge to live up to my responsibility as a Red Raider Track Club athlete by following this code of conduct and all other club rules.
All Red Raider Track Club parents must remember that as a part of the Red RaiderTrack Club, you represent not only yourself but the organization and your family. We expect all Red Raider Track Club parents to be responsible, moral, and ethical adults who demonstrate good character, sportsmanship, and leadership at all times. We expect all parents to set a good example and be gracious not only in victory but in defeat as well. For the safety and well being of everyone participating in Red Raider Track Clubs’ activities all rules and regulations must be followed.
- Absolutely NO drugs, alcoholic beverages, or cigarettes are to be used during anyRed Raider Track Club sponsored events.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for all transportation to and from practice and meets. Parents are responsible for all travel expenses to out-of-town meets. Parents are responsible for getting their children to practice on-time and picking them up on-time. Coaches will not leave the premises until all athletes have been picked up.
- Parents/guardians must not take their children from practice or meets, or competition premises without notifying the appropriate Red Raider Track Club coach or administrator.
- Parents should inform the appropriate Red Raider Track Club coach or administrator in advance when your child will be missing practice for an extended period of time.
- Parents are responsible for getting updated information for themselves if they miss meetings or practices.
- Parents are not to conduct any additional practices or training during the season unless it is first discussed and approved by your child’s coach.
- Parents will not exercise on the track during scheduled practice time for the Red Raider Track Club.
- Parents are requested not to talk to or question a coach during practice. Please speak to coaches before or after practice.
- Parents will respect ALL coaches, officials, and administrators during all practices and meets.
- Parents must inform the coaches of any special needs that your child may have.
- Parents may have some input but will accept the coaches’ and child’s decision about which events their child will compete in during the season.
- Parents will be supportive of their child and not put unnecessary pressure on them to participate.
I have read and hereby agree to live up to the above responsibilities as a Red Raider Track Club parent and/or guardian.